Women for Sobriety, Inc., is excited to announce that our WFS Online community will be moving to a new, more user-friendly and feature-rich platform in the coming months.
Many of you know that WFS Online was migrated from a forum-based platform to a mixed platform (forum and feed) about two years ago. Since then, we have learned so much about the needs of our online community and identified many opportunities for improvement.
We know what an important lifeline the WFS Online community is to so many women, so we have been hard at work identifying and vetting a more sustainable and intuitive option. We are thrilled to report that we have found a fully-managed solution that we believe will meet our needs now and far into the future!
Some exciting things about the new platform include:
- Easier navigation & search functionality – find what you want, when you need it
- More content on the Home Page that will improve the experience for new and existing users
- Improved activity feed capabilities
- More functional calendaring system for our many online meetings
- Better Group functionality – both for our ongoing Connections groups and for coordinating the activities of our many volunteer groups
- Interactive video library
- And more
One of the best things about the new platform is that it is fully managed by the vendor, meaning that WFS staff and volunteers will need to spend less time on worrying about the technical stuff and more time on what’s truly important – building community and supporting women as they overcome addiction!
Please keep an eye out for more information as it becomes available. If you are interested in being involved in the configuration and testing of the new platform, please email [email protected] to volunteer.
Adrienne and the WFS Website Team